Thursday 23 August 2007

Clap Blues...

...woke up this morning, no clap happenin' here...
Fellow clappers I am in despair. I clapped along at Flib's the other afternoon - got to grips with the stitches on my practice yarn. In JL yesterday I stood at the yarn section for like ... ever. The variagated stuff was the nicest, but having tried the 'cheek test' as advised, it was too scratchy. The softer stuff seemed only to come in plains. I couldn't decide. The final nail in the coffin came when I went to buy stitch counters (please, I'm too green to understand the purl a stitch concept yet) and they were sold out!
I left JL empty handed.
And logged onto Loop where I can at least dither in the privacy of my own home. Is there some sort of advanced astro physics logarithm involved in working out how much yarn I need? I realise there is a sort of weight to length ratio but...
I logged off empty handed.

Can someone please point me in the direction of some soft variagated yarn (iceberg grey/white would be good) and tell me how many balls I need?

Jen - I am so envious, you've finished yours!

2 comments:

Flibbertygibbet said...

Have a look here...
http://www.getknitted.com/acatalog/Shepherd_Worsted.html

I think the original pattern used 4 skeins of Lorna's Laces Lion and Lamb... ok so it's pretty pricey - but oh how it would be pretty!

KnittingJenny said...

Please don't be discouraged. The clap pattern isn't easy, but sooner or later you'll get it....I promise. By the way, I think you deserve a TROPHY for going into JL with the intent to buy wool....and coming out empty-handed. I wish I had that kind of control.
:-) GOOD LUCK WITH THE CLAP.