Tuesday 21 August 2007

Section 2 done!

So OK, I'm firmly in the slow camp compared to some people (Jen, you are overachieving!)... but the result of two solid knitting sessions (Sunday on the tube to and from Heathrow on a baggage search mission and all this evening whilst Paul is away surveying bats, yes really) I have finished the increases!

In fact, I have done one more set of increases than called for as I like big shawls.  Mine now measures 20" along each side of the triangle.  The pattern says 21" but I assume that's with the dropped stitches so hopefully mine will be bigger.  Can any of you who have finished tell me approximately by what proportion it grows widthwise with the dropped stitches?  Double or less?

It took me just over one ball of the Noro cash iroha to get this far - one ball would have been perfect if not for the extra increases.  So that bodes well for the five balls I have for this.  Anyone know if you can spit-splice this stuff?

I may have to leave the clap for a little bit as I now have a new deadline-knit, but it's only a quick hat so I should be back onto this soon.

In the meantime, some pictures, with Ginger the Cat (as opposed to Ginger Lucy) provided for scale...




Which was fine until she wanted to roll on it...

2 comments:

KnittingJenny said...

Wow, great color! Gosh, about your question re. how much in width does it grow with the dropped stitches.... ummm, I don't know. Maybe it grows by a good third? (I wonder what the others think.) Of course, I expect my clap will grow quite a lot once I aggressively block it!!!

Flibbertygibbet said...

I love that action shot!!